Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Seafood Social


For the past few months, I’ve been going to one of the two churches in our Central-Cocoanut neighborhood:  Payne Chapel A.M.E. Church on 19th and Central, which is four blocks away.  The folks of this church host lots of fundraisers to keep the church going strong, and today it was a seafood dinner, hosted by Ms. Adele up on Walker Circle.  Neighborkids Da’Sean and Dareeona drove over with Tim and me to pick up a couple of dinners.

  


Amorie then joined us for an impromptu feast.  Crabs are a favorite food and special treat here on the block.  Though I’ve eaten crabs at earlier points in my life – back in college, and when my grandparents had a house on the bay at the Jersey shore – it’s been a while.  Amorie was especially entertained by the difficulties I was having getting the meat out of the claws.  Suddenly tables were turned, and I found myself being video’d by Amorie!   With a bit of consultation from the neighborkids, I soon was able to get to the good stuff.  Yummy.  



No comments:

Post a Comment