Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Each of Us - One Wild and Precious Life - Together



Today I witnessed something incredibly special when I visited the D's across the street.  Our newest neighbor, little Oschonna (or "Onna," as she is affectionately nick-named), has grown a bit since she was born a month ago, so her mom finally let Onna's oldest sister hold her.    Seeing 1-month-old Onna and 10-year-old Dalisha together felt like seeing the best of what's in store for all of us in the future.  I was reminded of the question Mary Oliver asks in her poem, "The Summer Day:"

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do 


With your one wild and precious life?"



Sisters Onna and Dalisha are to me a real-life image of "pure potential," and a reminder of all we have to be so very hopeful about... 

No comments:

Post a Comment