Saturday, January 2, 2010

Santa's Note Reaches More Scavenger Hunters

This afternoon Amorie and Deandre stopped by and finally had a chance to discover what Santa had left for the neighborhood scavenger hunters.  Have you heard yet?  Truly unbelievable - on Christmas morning here in La Casa Chica, there was a big blue sack beside the tree with an envelope sticking out that was addressed to "Central-Cocoanut Neighborhood Scavenger Hunters."  When a few of the neighborkids stopped by on Christmas, we opened it to find the following note:



In case you can't make out Santa's handwriting, here's what it says:


December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas, Central-Cocoanut Scavenger Hunters!

While Rudolph catches his breath and brightens his nose for a minute on the roof, I am writing you this note.  I have been so eager to meet you ever since I first got word about your neighborhood scavenger hunts this past summer.  When I first heard about what you were doing, we were already busy making toys up at the North Pole so I couldn’t take a break to come see you.  Since then, I have been saying to Mrs. Claus, “I can’t wait to finally take to the skies at Christmastime, and go down to Sarasota to visit the neighborhood scavenger hunters!

I want to let you know that what you are doing for your neighborhood is very special, and I am so proud of you all.  I have been receiving regular reports on you as you have been exploring your neighborhood, getting to know your neighbors, and discovering all the great things about the place where you live. Along the way, I have seen and heard that you are sharing what you are learning, and bringing other people happiness.  That reminds me a lot of myself when I was a young boy!  Those are the kinds of things I used to do, and they are the kinds of things that made me want to be Santa Claus when I grew up.

I have left for you a few gifts to help you continue exploring and having fun in Central-Cocoanut.  I hope that you will continue to be good friends to one another, and to bring fun to your fellow neighbors (including the grown-ups, who sometimes forget how important it is to have fun)!

I can’t wait to see what you are up to next, and to visit you again next Christmas, to see how your neighborhood has changed because of everything you do.

You make me so very proud!!!

Love from a fellow scavenger hunter (of the entire world!),

Santa

In the sack, we discovered a new marker set, some more sidewalk chalk, a balloon pump, finger puppets, and a pair of real binoculars!  Here are some pics of scavenger hunters testing out the new stuff.


                                                            






Thanks Santa - a true honor!

1 comment:

  1. A personal letter from Santa!!!! Congratulations on being such wonderful ambassadors of your neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete